![]() |
| My M&G Photo with Jesse McCartney |
When it was time to go inside, I was 2nd in line for the Meet & Greet; I had Gold VIP by the way. I was talking with the other girls in line, as well as Katie & Piper. When Jesse walked out, he greeted us with a big smile on his face. When my turn came, Jesse & I shook hands, said hello, & we took our picture. I gave him the gift I got him: Godiva Coffee & my homemade card. His exact words were, "Awww, thank you so much!" & we hugged! I walked into the venue & fell to my knees in awe. His cologne was all over me, & boy did he smell good!! I honestly thought I would freak out when I met him, but meeting him was more like seeing an old friend. His laidback attitude is contagious & I was so calm.
Phil & Jesse's two guitarists came out for the Soundcheck party. I was able to get front row! When the soundcheck started, he sang an acoustic version of Checkmate, something he never did before & it sounded amazing acoustically! After he sang Checkmate, he asked if there were any questions, & my hand shot straight up! He said, "Yeah you." and it took me a second to realize he pointed at me. The question I asked was, "What is your reaction to fans that tell you that your music saves their lives?" In sum, his answer was that it's surreal & rewarding to have that kind of impact on a person's life through music.
After the soundcheck, the venue filled up with people. Abi Anne was the first act to go up. She sang two cover songs & two original songs. My favorite is definitely "Truck Candy"! She was really great! Her guitarist Pete was amazingly talented! Once the stage cleared, Guinevere came on stage. During her "Hey Ya" cover, a guy in a Batman suit came out on stage. He was hilarious! Her drummer Mike also accompanied her onstage, too. He is also very handsome! Guinevere is such a great performer & I can't wait to see her career take off after this tour!
Once Jesse's band started playing, it was pure pandemonium! I was snapping away with my camera trying to get good pictures. He was so full of energy & looked like he was having a great time! His dancers, Max & Dres, were so entertaining! The facial expressions Max would make just made me laugh & smile the whole time! At one point while Jesse was singing, Jesse's sweat landed on my forehead! I was that close to him. Sherry Kondor, his manager, was also there taking video of the concert with a Go-Pro camera. When it came time to take the Instagram Selfie, because I was so short, I wasn't able to get a good shot, so I just didn't take it. Before he sang "She's No You", everyone screamed because they thought he was going to sing "Beautiful Soul" since he said, "Let me take you back to 2004...". I also couldn't stop laughing at Phil's dance during "Punch Drunk Recreation"! The pelvic thrusts though!
Overall, the In Technicolor concert was an amazing, high energy show! You could see the passion dripping off everyone on stage, literally! Jesse's choreography was on point during every number, as well as his vocals. I enjoyed every second of it! I would totally go again in a heartbeat! Waiting a whole decade to finally see Jesse perform was so worth the wait! It's definitely a once in a lifetime opportunity that I'm very fortunate to have experienced. The broken girl that I was when I was 14 was healed last night & I couldn't have asked for anything more. I am very proud that I can finally say that I had the BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!
